Prometeus – Promoting Social Economy in Romania through research, education and training at European standards
September 2010 – September 2013
Aim:Promoting social economy as a flexible and sustainable tool for generating jobs, economic development and social inclusion in Romania.
- Development of scientific research and higher education in the field of social economy, indispensable tools for the implementation of the concept of social economy in Romania and its integration into the European movement in the field;
- Increasing the visibility of social enterprises and the public support for their development in Romania and promotion of a favorable public policies framework for social economy;
- Development of social enterprises in Romania and increasing their performances through training and coaching;
Main Results of RIQL activity:
- 4 national studies for:
- Mutual aid associations and credit cooperatives(http://www.ies.org.ro/library/files/organizatiile_de_ajutor_reciproc.pdf) ;
- Cooperatives (http://www.ies.org.ro/library/files/cooperativele_din_romania.pdf);
- Social economy entities from agriculture and forestry (http://www.ies.org.ro/library/files/organizatiile_colective_ale_proprietarilor.pdf);
- Local development and social economy (http://www.ies.org.ro/library/files/economia_sociala_in_contextul_dezvoltarii_locale.pdf);
- 6 data bases with social economy entities (non-profit organizations, cooperatives, employees’ mutual aid associations, pensioners’ mutual aid associations, commons, agriculture associations) with informations about: income, assets, profit/surplus, employees for 2000-2010
- 1 international conference
- 4 workshops
- Secondary data analysis on Regis data base of NIS
- In-depth interviews
- Focus groups
- Social documents analysis
- Case studies
Social and online media use, in the context of recent crises (with Covid 19 and the war in Ukraine on focus)
The pandemic context has created the prerequisites for the development of social media and online medium utilizations. Digital solutions were largely used in various activity domains, especially during the pandemics time. Accordingly, the perspectives of such a theme...
Call for papers: International Conference Social Inequalities and Quality of Life, 15-19 noiembrie 2021
Call for Papers Social inequalities and quality of life is an international conference organized by the Research Institute for Quality of Life at the Romanian Academy and Romanian Sociological Association. The conference will be organized in Bucharest and...
Call for workshop & Special issue: Domestic Objects: The Transformation of Everyday Life in Post-Socialist Era
The idea of material culture was present from the inception of social sciences as a way to somehow mark the distinction between what people do, what people believe, what they say they do and believe, and what people have. Various instances of this effort to...
New publication: Sebastian Fitzek (2020) “The Sacred and the political power – psychocial approaches of the collective imaginary in the collection of psycho-social sciences”. Bucharest: ProUniversitaria Publishing House.
We hereby announce the appearance in September 2020 of the volume written by Sebastian Fitzek, called "The Sacred and the political power - psychocial approaches of the collective imaginary in the collection of psycho-social sciences" of the ProUniversitaria...
New publication: Filip Alexandrescu (2020) Social Conflict and the Making of a Globalized Place at Roșia Montană, Bucharest: Pro Universitaria
We are delighted to announce the release of Dr. Filip Alexandrescu (2020) Social conflict and the making of a globalized place at Rosia Montană, Bucharest: Pro Universitaria The book is available from the Virtual Sociological Library...
The ICCV Conference “Social Romania 1918 – 2018. ICCV contributions to the knowledge of the Romanian society”
The ICCV Conference “Social Romania 1918 – 2018. ICCV contributions to the knowledge of the Romanian society” 14 November 2018, Bucharest In the series of events dedicated to the Centenary of the Great Union, the Research Institute for Quality of Life (ICCV), member...
From source to destination: new challenges of migration in Central and Eastern Europe Timişoara, 11th– 12thof September 2018 Organizers: RoMig - The Romanian Network for Migration Studies, Faculty of Sociology and Psychology and Faculty of Economics and Business...
... Latest news Bucharest Calea 13 Septembrie nr. 13, postal code 050711 Phone: 021.318.24.61 Fax: 021.318.24.62 E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org Follow us on Calea 13 Septembrie nr. 13 Bucharest Phone:...
Broșura de prezentare a ICCV, incluzând direcțiile de cercetare, programele instituționale, publicațiile relevante și domeniile de expertiză ale Institutului, poate fi descărcată aici:
Institutul de Cercetare a Calității Vieții - 30 de ani de cercetare în beneficiul comunității