Call for Papers
Social inequalities and quality of life is an international conference organized by the Research Institute for Quality of Life at the Romanian Academy and Romanian Sociological Association. The conference will be organized in Bucharest and will take place online between November 15-19, 2021. The conference aims at providing a forum for interdisciplinary dialogue about possible strategies to reduce social polarization and to overcome developmental gaps. We believe that the current economic and sociopolitical climate, resulting from a succession of crises of different nature, represents a major challenge to contemporary societies.
Sections (provisional titles):
- Quality of life in crisis contexts
- Post-pandemic Society: structural Inequalities and building the Resilient Society
- The role of the welfare state in reducing social inequalities
- Social and economic inequalities: a challenge for social inclusion policies
- Development strategies: European policies and their impact on social polarization
- Living standards, economic inequalities, and fiscal policies (micro and macro perspectives)
- Labor market changes: at-risk groups, training, employment relations
- Social polarization and vulnerable groups: challenges for social protection
- Demographic risks, health status, health policies
- Inequality of opportunities – causes, forms and strategies to address them
- Socioeconomic inequalities and community development
- Migration and quality of life
- Inequality in education and quality of life
Abstracts will be peer-reviewed and selected for presentation by the section coordinators. They should contain 150-250 words and be submitted in English. Accepted authors/co-authors have to register as participants if they want to present their paper at the conference and appear in the Book of Abstracts. Deadline for abstract submission: September 15, 2021.
All conference abstracts and full papers will be peer-reviewed. A selection of articles in English will be published in a volume at Editura Școala Ardeleană, Cluj-Napoca, which will ensure its distribution in international libraries. Selected papers could be considered for publishing in one of the following scientific journals: Calitatea Vieții, Jurnalul Practicilor Pozitive Comunitare, or Sociologie Românească, subject to their acceptance.
Contact for details and confirmation of participation: firstname.lastname@example.org, CSII Dr. Simona Ilie.
Conference website: https://ineq2021.arsociologie.ro